Parade Route Set to Honor Graduating Seniors!
Well done to all of our graduating seniors; and well done parents! To celebrate these accomplished young people and honor their hard work, parents organized a parade of seniors (in cars) this Friday, beginning at 5PM. The seniors will be escorted by the Greenville Police Department and even a Greenville fire engine!
To Honor These Seniors:
- Help spread the word to neighbors and friends.
- Decorate homes/sidewalks along the route to help celebrate!
- Walk to the parade route if convenient.
- Pull cars into driveways to help clear the route.
- And, follow social distancing guidelines.
For more information on the parade or to participate, contact Ann Bruccoliere at Ann_Conroy@Yahoo.com.
Business Recovery Task Force Continues Work
As a member of the Greenville Business Recovery Task Force, which was a coordinated effort between the City, the County, the Chamber and the GADC, I and others were tasked with determining how to best support businesses in their efforts to open their doors. Issues include but are not limited to: supporting small businesses, looking at grants and loans, travel & tourism, office space, getting back to work, and communications. These efforts will be ongoing.
For more information, CLICK HERE.
TD Market Coming Soon!
Staff and Council are working with farmers, vendors and others to open the Saturday Market sometime in June.
City/State Ease Restrictions on COVID Issues
The City has been focused on how to best address COVID-19. Here are some of the recent actions by the City and State:
- Governor eased restrictions on dining-in, so as to allow capacity at 50%
- City expanded service areas for restaurants in many public spaces
- Falls Park and Cleveland Park now open
- Swamp Rabbit Trail now open
- TD Saturday Market opening in June
- City conducting business by phone and on-line
- Support to local businesses provided through the Business Recovery Committee
- Eliminated late penalties for business license fees, essentially delaying payments for businesses if they so desired
To view City information on COVID-19, CLICK HERE.
To view business resources regarding COVID-19, CLICK HERE.
Other Pertinent Information:
To view the Governor’s Executive Orders, CLICK HERE.
SC Department of Employment and Workforce COVID-19 info, CLICK HERE.
Infill Task Force to Begin Work
Neighborhoods are an essential fabric of our community. It is where we live, play and raise our families. That is why we must make sure any growth or infill compliments existing neighborhoods. As a result, the City recently created an Infill Task Force to look at what the City is doing well and what needs work; and then incorporate those recommendations into policy.
If you have any suggestions for this Task Force or issue, please email me at JDeWorken@GreenvilleSC.gov.
I hope this provides you a highlight of some issues we are discussing. Always feel free to contact me. You can call my cell (or text) at 864.905.5529 or email me at JDeWorken@GreenvilleSC.gov.
Thank you for allowing me to serve you. It is my honor.